Tuesday, January 23, 2018

It's all good




You know that moment when you have the idea? The really, really good idea. The good idea that won't let go. well, that's what happened with this layout.

I adore this photo of my son helping my daughter across a rope bridge. It felt like it needed something of a nature theme, so I thought I'd go for a ring of flowers. Sounds simple...


Cue me stamping and cutting out about a zillion flowers. Fussy cutting is time consuming, but there are a couple of top tips.
1. Get some comfortable, sharp scissors, not too big. Mine are by X-cut, I've had them years and they have generous holes with some rubber for grip and comfort.
2. Move the paper, not the scissors. Sounds weird but it totally works.
3. If you're cutting lots of little things out, actually whatever you're cutting, cut off any big bits of excess paper first, and cut into individual pieces, they'll be much easier to handle.



I stamped out some of the flowers and leaves onto patterned paper (from Mind the Scrap's January kit), and others onto lined white paper and plain white card. I used a mix of Stampin up stamps, an old Craft Stamper freebie, and flowers from an Innovative Stamp Creations plate called Friendship.


 I layered all the flowers and leaves in a ring, then added a doily and my photo. The journaling was printed out, and tucked slightly behind the photo.


And the final touch was a title sticker from the Mind the Scrap kit. Its all good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!