Tuesday, June 25, 2019

She believe she could

this project started off like this... stamping and cutting out cute little clouds in shades of blue and grey.


And it ended up like this, with a set of 3 ATCs.


The background was one of several I'd made with inks and some background stamping in blues and oranges and yellow. I cut some of the clouds in half and used them to look like they were going off the page. It's a good trick for making things go a bit further.


I added the Stampotique image and glittered her wings, then stamped out the words. It always takes a long time to stmap them out, and I can't get them straight, so I go for the wonky typewriter look every time. I did my usual trick of outlining in black and white pens.


I was so pleased with them, that I made a larger plaque for my desk. I used the thick card back from a todo list/notepad I'd used up. I enjoyed tucking the little clours half beghind things so that it looks like the words and the fairy are resting on them.


The sun/halo was done by masking off using a circle punch and a post it note- the sticy on the post it keeps the circle in place- top tip! I sponged orange ink round it.


I made little leaves using some offcuts from the background- I just drew the leaves on and cut them out. Simple! OOh, look at the chickenwire stamp in this photo, that's fab.


I miss making ATCs, I used to make so many. I'm not sure I'm ready to part with these- but if anyone wants to swap get in touch, I'm sure I can manage it.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!