Saturday, December 5, 2009

Angel ATCs and another stroppy Miss

OK, so here's the ATCs I worked on yesterday. I've looked at them again today and I'm very pleased with how they've worked out.



Both of these are paper pieced. That's where you stamp the image (this one's from Paperartsy) onto different pieces of patterned paper, cut different elements of the stamp out from each one, then layer them up to form the whole image again. In both cases I layered onto an image stamped on white, where I'd coloured in the legs and face with Promarkers. I like Saffron Promarker round the face edges, coral for the rosy cheeks, then an overall covering of vanilla. The backgrounds are drops of cosmic shimmer mists picked up from my craft mat onto white card, then cut to ATC size and stamped over- waste not, want not! The word life on the first ATC is heat embossed. The background stamps are from Heidi Swapp and Crafty Individuals (1st ATC) and Paperartsy (2nd ATC).

I also made a  BRAK (a Birthday Random Act of Kindness) for a teenager, so I wanted something with attitude. Cue my beloved Stampendous girls.....





This one is stamped in Archival ink onto a background of acrylic paints. It sort of helps to make the area where your focal image will end up a bit lighter than the rest of the background, to help it stand out. I usually make the backgrounds on these ATCs very busy, so I decided to use a couple of BIG words for a change and keep it simple. The words are big foam stamps, and they worked brilliantly. The twill "It's mine" at the top is a 7 Gypsies sticker. I wanted her to look a bit ill and eerie for some reason, so she's coloured in with white gel pen for that never seen the sun look..... I use white gel pen a lot for accents and highlights, they don't cost much, but can add a real depth to an image.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!