Friday, September 10, 2010

Stamp man challenge- Distress it!

It's Stamp Man challenge time! Woohoo!!! This fortnight's challenge is a doozy- it's "distress". You entry must have a distress theme to it, so that might be a distress technique, the stamp design or using distress inks or embossing powders.

I'm a big fan of distressing, I think it's wonderful getting inky and messy and arty. Here's my take on it!


I used Sizzix's Tim Holtz birdacge die, and his flourish too, just too gorgeous for words!!! The background panel is inked with Distress Inks in reds, oranges and yellows. I then stamped over it with the pretty edge of a Stampendous dress stamp to give a flourish and then my favourite Hero Arts old writing stamp in white ink.

The die cuts and the edges of the card are also inked with Distress inks. The just for you sentiment is from the Dragonfly Dreams Aspects of Design stamp set.

Thos little beads are from a really cheap necklace I wore once then put into the "things I can't throw away cos they might just come in useful one day" stash box. Admit it, you all have one!!! I've got several!

Please take a look at the wonderful creations my teamies have come up with over at The Stamp Man Challenge Blog, and don't forget to have a go!!!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. I love those oranges and the bird and cage look great. Always a good idea to keep odd beads :) Great work again, Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    Love the colors of this card! Very pretty.


    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours and design Lisa, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous tag! love the background-paper!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!