Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Yay! It;s your birthday!



Today's page is a scrap lift of a scrap-along from Mind the Scrap. I even went for the same colour scheme. The photos are from my son's birthday meal out on Christmas Eve, and I trimmed them down to 3.5" square. 


I've adored the cassette tape sticker since I first saw it, and despite the fact that none of the kids in the photos would know what one was, it seemed to fit on this layout.


It needed another pop of the yellow on the other side to even things up, so I went for a flower tucked in. 


The original design had a stitched border drawn on, but when I'd finished mine, it looked kinda wonky, so I turned it into a wavy doodled line instead. Much better! I was also pleased with the alphabets. Hand on heart, I wasn't very keen on these alphabets when they came in the Mind the Scrap kit, but they've been much more versatile than I thought.

Elements:

Papers: Crate Paper- Main squeeze- Purrfect
Pink Paislee- Paige Evans- Pick me up

Embellishments: Pink Paislee- Pick-me-up journaling spots
Crate Paper- Good vibes- stickers

Alphabet: Amy Tangerine- Remarks- Harper

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!