Saturday, March 13, 2010

Alice in Lisaland

There are a lot of Alice in Wonderland inspired things around at the moment- no surprise there! Here are a couple of ATCs I made for a PIF (Pass it forward) swap on Docrafts. I've used two different illustrations of Alice, the first by Sir John Tenniel and the second, my favourite by Arthur Rackham. I haven't decided which one to send for the swap yet.


The quote is said by Alice, and is exactly how my life feels sometimes!!


The red/orange backgrounds for both ATCs are painted with my glorious new Claudine Hellmuth Studio Semigloss acrylic paints from Ranger. They give such a fabulous smooth background, much less chalky than usual acrylics, with a lovely sheen to them. They are then stamped with a mesh background stamp and a distressed checkerboard stamp. I've added some card suit symbols and rings made by inking the edge of my glue stick lid!! The letters are a fab set of alphabet peg stamps I've used for lots of wording on lots of projects and the hearts on the tag are Paperartsy. Of course, I had to put a bit of white gel pen on there, it really makes the details pop out. I'm sort of loathe to part with either of them at the moment.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!