Friday, May 25, 2018

Sunshiney day tags

Well now, I've had a busy couple of weeks. I've finished at the job I've been in for over 20 years, and I have a week or so before I start my new job, so I'm hoping to get crafting....

In the meantime, I have a couple of things to show you, my desk hasn't been totally neglected.

I made a set of tags, using a Lollipop Box Club kit I'd squirreled away from last summer I think! It was all sunshiney and summery, so I went with it wholesale! I had a couple of projects I wanted make, so the tags were made with an end destination in mind.


I use white tag bases, then added layers of blue, white and yellow acrylic paints, using the LBC sunburst stencil on each of them. I also used papers from the box with little yachts on.


I'd cut out all the elements from the cut out sheet in the kit and used lots on each tag. This one has the Relax arrow and the sunshine.  


The Yay! is from the kit too, and the baker's twine. I went round edges with black pen, and added various matching bits and pieces.


For the next tag I'd moved the sun stencil a bit to the top of the tag.


The arrow and feather and twine are from the kit, the die cut pieces on this tag and the previous one are from Shimelle's Box of Crayons range.


I had a recipient in mind for this one who loves dogs, so the doggie made an appearance!


And for the last one I went full on seaside.


The little envelope from the LBC kit is so cute, and the arrow, Time to chill banner, twine, Sunshiney day, and starfish are all from the kit too. 


I stapled the twine and ribbon to the top of each one. They had dark circles round the punched hole that I wanted to cover up.


Making things in batches makes life very easy. I dug out matching buttons, ribbon, gems, paperclips and used very similar things on each one. It also makes sense when you're getting paints or inks out to make several of things- maximise the drying time!


There you have it, three tags! I'll show you how I use them in the next few posts. I'm inspired to do this again, so expect more tags...

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!