Monday, January 18, 2010

Art Journal- February pages, first steps

OK, so I know how to stamp, and I know how to doodle. I stamped January's pages, so February's are getting the doodle treatment. It may not seem like much of an art form, but doodling can be really cool. Check out the galleries at Zentangle for evidence!

I spent a couple of hours yesterday planning out next month's pages, pencilling in where the daily squares would appear. I lettered the month in and started doodling the box frames, and finished the left hand page boxes in a couple of hours. I'm planning on starting the right hand ones tonight. This is very much a work in progress, the intention is to fill all of the white space with doodles.......



Doodling is therapeutic, it's great thinking up new designs and sort of going with the flow of the space you're doodling onto. I have some ideas for patterns I want to incorporate into the page, but the beauty of this technique is that you can just see where each doodle takes you, and you never make a mistake, it's all part of the design.

I have started to fill in January's boxes, trying very hard to come up with positive things. It can be quite challenging after a difficult day to think of something positive to record, but it's a good thing to do, promise! I'll post pics at the end of the month.

Doodlicious.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the progress of your journal, its going to be quite a journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my OWOH post Lisa and good luck with your journal. I have neglectd mine lately but it has been on my mind today so maybe I'll get something done soon. Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!