Friday, April 23, 2010

Out of my comfort zone

As I blogged a couple of post ago, I recently won a plate of Sweet Pea stamps. They arrived very promptly and it seemed churlish not to ink them up straight away..... I had a sheet of watercolour paper that I'd coloured using the smacking acetate technique, so I thought I'd use that as a background. It's a bit different from stamping onto white and colouring the image.....


It's just ATC size, and the orange and yellow background gives quite a dark finished look, but I really like how the splodgy effect shows through the colouring. I have coloured the image with Promarkers, mainly in oranges and reds, and then used my faithful white gel pen to lift it a little. I finished it with a bit of bling from orange peel and turquoise Stickles. Not my usual style of stamp at all, but I must admit I'm really chuffed with the result and I'm totally converted to being a Sweet Pea fan.

4 comments:

  1. Omigosh this is just wonderful - perfect paper and image together - love that outside your comfort zone you can achieve this - I just faff and whine! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful Lisa :) I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, shes really special, i really really like it.
    fabulous!!! Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lisa! what a stunning ATC so different,
    Lovely work.
    Luv Teresa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!