Thursday, May 27, 2010

A much better day and a decision on artsy vs cutesy stamping.

Thanks everyone who commented on WOYWW yesterday, I'm having a much better day today. No headache and a little nephew to play with this morning, so LOADS nicer! I'm watching my Little Lets play with her cousin and having a look at some of the challenge blogs for a bit of inspiration for some thank you cards I want to make.

Whilst I was blog hopping I came across this fabulous blog candy on the Lily of the Valley challenge blog.



It's a limited time only deal, so get across quickly to have a chance of winning a full set of the 12 new release LOTV stamps.

I always thought I wasn't a cutey stamp person, and to be honest the majority of my collection is much more arty- I have lots of Paperartsy, Crafty Individuals, Elusive Images, that sort of thing, and animals, flowers, elemental things that are generally combined to make a finished project rather than just coloured in. I very rarely make a cutesy ATC for example, but I think I'm a bit more scared to make an artsy card. That, and I do enjoy colouring in with my Promarkers, it's really quite relaxing.

Sooooooo, I have decided not to tie myself down, and to enjoy all of it. I love the arty side of ATCs, art journalling and altering things, but I'm not going to deny my pink and fluffy side either. I have always found card making to be a bit of a chore, so I'm pleased to have found my inner cardmaking girlie, lol!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!