Sunday, June 12, 2011

Clean and simple? Me? Yeah, right!

The challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenge is clean and simple, so I decided to have a go!

Stop laughing.


Seriously, it's not polite and I can hear you sniggering from here.

I know clean and simple isn't something that comes naturally to me (have you seen my house?), but it is certainly something I aspire to......well, if not aspire to, it's something I admire in others. Particularly in card making.

I can still see your shoulders shaking, you know.

Anyway, talk about out of my comfort zone... my work, as you can probably tell is usually messy, inky, layered and bright. Over the top, some might say, everything but the kitchen sink, but it's what I like to make. So this was one hell of a challenge. You get the picture, right? So, I'd better show you the picture....



Hopefully you're not still laughing...... I'm really, genuinely chuffed with it. I had the idea floating around my brain all day yesterday, so I got up and whipped it up in 5 minutes flat this morning. Quickest card EVER! The most difficult bit was holding the sequin waste in place whilst I found just the right shade of yellow ink (it pays to be prepared kids). In case you're wondering, Impress ink lemon yellow over the top of chartreuse green.

I am so proud that I have resisted the urge to glitter, add ribbon, distress, stamp, ink, rip, tear or otherwise gussy it up.

I'm going to enter it into the following challenges:

HD Macabre Monday- Pleasure and pain (Pleasure= Stampotique, Pain= Keeping it simple!)
Try it on Tuesday- Weird and wonderful
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge- Male card
Papertake weekly- Anything goes (with optional all white + one accent colour)
Crafts and me- Stamp something

Ingredients
Stamps- Stampotique Mort had a pin curl, Smirk You're awesome
Inks- Versafine Onyx black, Impress Chartreuse and Lemon yellow
Stash- sequin waste to ink through

28 comments:

  1. Aww this is awesome! Love the image, and the yellow and green work really well together!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny and beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer’s Challenge # 32.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just amazing, have never seen anything like it :o)

    Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter this week

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, Cus, ur very right to be proud of it! U've risen above this inability that must run in the family - have u seen our house too, lol??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! So far I've been unable to come up with something CAS for Stampotique. Great for our Pleasure and Pain challenge too. Thanks for playing along. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card you should be chuffed with how it turned out, you did a wonderful job x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fab card, so lovely and bright. YOu should do more CAS! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. go you!! this is perfect CAS, I love it. I'm really glad you took part in the stampotique challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is that! I love the whole idea. Thank you for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant

    Thanks for joining our "Male Card" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific CAS card, love this one. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its a terrific card, love the image. Thankyou for joining us at TioT's this week. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a terrific card and fits the brief perfectly. thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card, you did a superb job with the CAS challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's fabulous, wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE it, this is something I'm not got at either lol I had a plan of commenting and you managed to distract me lol and thank you for that, went to that Clean and simple challenge blog and was traveling in blogland lol abt 90 min later I'm here again lol and thanks playing along with TioT this week
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lisa
    made me chuckle, yep clean and simple is not at all simple but you've managed wonderfully weird and clean and simple, babe - you rock!!!! It's a great card Lisa love it! Thanks for joining us at TioT
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this...certainly made me smile!! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh this is great and the colour is just perfect. Thanks for joining the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL! I just love him! I right with you there; I'm not a "Clean & Simple" gal either! Awesome card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is one coooool dude..........great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you did it great, love the image and the color

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE IT!
    You could also enter this card here http://inkurablestampers.blogspot.com/2011/06/theme-for-june-2011-is.html
    The theme is spots dots and circles!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! Amazing card. Well Done..looks like you had great fun :)
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. yes it is awesome ! i appreciate your thoughts and i like to add your card to my collection i am sure every one will like it .


    Plastic Card
    Plastic business cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!