Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Stamp Man challenge- a new technique

The challenge this fortnight at the Stamp Man is to try a new technique. A great chance to push yourself and have a go at that thing you've always fancied trying.....

I went for embossing onto tissue paper, I've fancied doing this for a while, but hadn't come up with the right project. I had it in mind to make my Mom a little scrap book of some photos I took in her garden this summer. I just popped out one Sunday afternoon and took loads of photos on my phone and they came out so beautifully I wanted to give them to her. She works really hard on her garden, and it's gorgeous. So, I tried out my new technique on the cover.


I painted the chipboard cover with Radiant Rain daubers then PVA'd on torn strips of gold tissue paper. I swooshed over the top with a versamark ink pad to catch the raised pattern on the chipboard and the edges of the tissue paper and cover. Then I used some two tone Moonglow embossing powder which gives such a rich shiny finish.

Over the top I stamped some swirls and leaves and then finished off with sparkly punched swirls, some gold flowers which were salvaged from a hair clip, and I made the centres with coiled gold paper flowers. Lots of stickles and copper pearls to complete it and I'm well happy :)

For more information on the Stamp Man challenge click here. Don't forget there's a gift voucher up for grabs.


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!