Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy new year and some cards

So, how's 2012 treatin' ya so far? It's been a bit cold and, well, January-like round here to be honest... odd that, eh?

Just a few cards to show you today, I've been making a few for sock and to try to steal a march on my birthday list!

Here's my lovely friend Michelle's birthday card....


I love using this technique- colouring with watercolour sticks direct to the stamp and then spritzing with water.


One of my favourite dress stamps in two different colour ways, both paper pieced. I'm entering the pink one into the Allsorts paper piecing challenge.


The swirl round the edge of one and in the background of the other is a fab Stampin' up one, the little flower is from the same set.


This is for a lovely friend over on the Docrafts forum, cute but still suitable for a man I thought. I am particularly fond of those little mice :)

This next one is from a game of Chinese whispers from a group over on Facebook- one person starts the whisper by making a card, a photo of which is sent to the next person in the list, who makes a card inspired by it and sends a photo of their card to the next person.....and so on. So each person only sees the card immediately before their's. It was really interesting to see which themes, layouts, colours, shapes made it through from start to finish! I'm entering it into the Crafts and Me Anything goes mega challenge.


And finally.....  a belated Christmas card image I only came across this morning. I made several of these for the children to give to their fellow Tae Kwon Do club members.


Cute isn't he? They were simple to do and easy to personalise with the right colour hair/ belt of each child.


6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous set of cards to peruse Lisa. Thanks for sharing them all.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super work the first card is extra pretty, not tried this technique before but seeing these results....... XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous array of cards Lisa.

    Thanks so much for joining in my Paper Piecing theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are awesome Lisa. It's hard to pick a favorite, as I like them all very much. I will have a go at your technique...sounds fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow stunning cards. love the black paper-pieced dress the most
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to pop over Lisa.... to say THANK YOU for making me laugh out loud at your suggestion for the messy room... hilarious! Lovely cards BTW... hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!