Sunday, May 13, 2012

To a normal person it's rubbish, but to a crafter.....

..... it could be that little gem they're searching for. I have my children so well trained now that before they throw almost anything away they check to see if I can use it first. Well, not apple cores or banana skins, but interesting clothes labels or bits of string, you now- useful stuff.

Take these ATCs for example, hanging around half made for a while, but finished off on Friday. Let's play spot the tat.....


Old raffle ticket, bits from a menu leaflet from the pub, a left over stamped oriental stamp....


A ticket cut from some junk mail, random book page scraps, and the circle I punched to sponge ink round to make suns. The house was a left over from a card, poor lonely little thin house....


'50s lady from the pub menu, raffle ticket, cellophane from a packet of Jaffa Cakes, book pages, bit of zebra print tissue paper my mate Kay gave me as a little joke last crafty session.

Add doodling and some ink and it's all treasure! Now if I can just find a use for the little neon skull and crossbones patch that fell off my son's socks the other day.......

3 comments:

  1. may the socks not elude you.. wonderful zesty ATC.EE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of scraps and bits of found items and fab ATC's . I am always salvaging bits I think I can re-use. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! And the doodling really pulls them together :) That little bit of black and white paper really makes that ATC!!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!