Monday, July 16, 2012

Polkadot flowers for Studio 12


Time to share my latest DT piece for Studio 12 at Polkadoodles.


OK, bit of an admission here- this gorgeous spotty paper is my first ever digital paper print off! Well, you know how it is, pretty as it was, I still had to get my inky mitts all over it- I blended a couple of colours of distress inks round the edges and then stamped lots of circles on- I just use a pen top and a glue stick top- plus some splodges and lines made with the edge of the inkpad lid for good measure. I'm a big believer in adding your own personal touch to things, and that's what Studio 12 is all about!


The bunting was cut out and the colours toned down a little bit with more Antique Linen Distress Ink blending, then stuck on- I redrew the line they're hanging off with a black gel pen. The little pearls give a bit of shine and texture without being too bling.



Finally a spot of doodling for flower stems and a border. I'm really pleased with my first printed out paper! Everything came from the Picknix CD.



1 comment:

  1. Digital paper always seems a good idea, until I have to start battling the printer!! Gorgeous piece this, though. Love the flowers and bunting, and your lovely pearls echoing the paper dots - super!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!