Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday, rainy Sunday.......

What's it like where you are? It's cold and rainy here. Pretty miserable for a Sunday afternoon. We have nothing urgent to do and nowhere to be this afternoon, so we're having a DVD session, all cuddled up on the sofa. As it's another Disney film that the children have chosen, I'm cuddled up to them and my netbook, hee hee. We'll be playing board games after the film has finished, so I'm not feeling too guilty.

I had chance this morning to get ahead of the game with my Fathers' Day card for my lovely dad. How organised is that, with a week to go? I've bought his present too.......impressed? OK, here's his card- no Promarkers for once!


I went for a bit of a colour scheme first and picked the paper and ribbon. My Dad can be a bit difficult to make for- I usually end up with something sporty, so I wanted something a bit different this year. I love the little truck set from Stampin' Up, it comes with lots of different things to put in the back, and different people to drive it, so it's very versatile. I went for loads of love with a big boot full of hearts.

I wanted a gentler look, so I used Distress Inks and blended round the main image card, then used some more Distress Inks to watercolour both images.

The punch on the checked paper is a Stampin' Up one, and it's fab, so useful. The truck and the sentiment are raised slightly on 3D foam pads, and I added a touch of Glossy Accents to the doors, windows and hearts to make them pop out a bit.

Ingredients

Stamps- Stampin' Up Loads of Love
Ink pads- Distress Inks in Brushed Corduroy, Tumbled Grass, Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Stormy Sky.
             - Versafine in  Vintage Sepia
Other- Glossy Accents, white gel pen, Paper/ Brads/Ribbon- from stash

I'm entering this into:

Totally Gorjuss- For the boys
One Stitch at a Time- Celebrations
Stamp something- Happy somethings
My Time to Craft- Xtra special (that's my Dad!!!!)
Cards for men- Father's Day

13 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa!!
    Just seen your gorgeous card on Docrafts and it's fab!!, love the image and the distressed look of the card. Fab blog and such brilliant creations!!, I have become a follower :o)
    Have a lovely evening and I look forward to seeing other beautiful cards.
    Love Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, those colours look brilliant together.
    Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute... perfect papers for this image. Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the challenge,i love it, thanks for joining us at TG
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card.
    It´s like fantastic art...like a wonderful scenery.
    Thank yo so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
    Dorte aka dot-scrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the distressing, great card.Thank you for joining OSAAT's New/Celebrations Challenge this week! Have a crafty day!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, I'm sure your Dad will love it, he is very lucky. Thanks for joining in at MTTC.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card I'm sure your dad will love it. Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT this week.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, what a cute card, Dad is gonna love it, love your color scheme and the distressing..thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT - good luck hun

    stitchy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, I love the stamps you used!
    Thanks so much for joining in with our Xtra Special challenge at MTTC!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, love the distressing! thanks for playing at OSAAT this week!

    Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Lisa, what a great card, I love the distressed look you have achieved and the colours. Thanks for having fun with us at OSAAT this week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'm sure Dad will love his card.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card! Love that scene and great colours! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this wk hugs Rebekah x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!