Friday, October 22, 2010

The Stamp Man Challenge- Cards for Men

Time for another Stamp Man challenge! This fortnight we want you to make Cards for Men! I took the opportunity to make my Dad's birthday card (it's not til December, but there's no harm in being prepared, eh?)!


I used the Aspects of Design stamp plate 10- Mens. This particular stamp reminded me of Dad when I was little, he always wore a trilby.

I stamped onto a tag and then did a bit of ink blending round the edges. The metallicy bits are gilding flakes over a quickie glue pen, and they really brightened it up a bit. I turned over the bottom of the card to slot the card into (it's also glued on!), and inked round the edges to give it a more vintage feel.

Righto, over to you then. What will you come up with this fortnight? Don't forget there's a nice prize to be won, and lots of inspiration to be had from me team mates over on the Stamp Man Challenge blog.

Ingredients


Stamps- Aspects of Design 10- Mens
Inks- Distress Ink- Vintage photo, Versafine- Vintage sepia
Papers- Hot off the Press
Stash- Tag, ribbon, eyelet, metal letters

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, little did I know that entering the Stamp Man blog challenge would lead to me becoming a member of the team. Wey hey fantastic.
    I love you work and have had a wander round you blog.
    I look forward to working with you and seeing more of your lovely creations.
    Luv Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever card great for a man. Love the colours and the hat stamp on the tag, very striking xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool card! love the style of it...great combination of stylish elements!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!