Friday, January 14, 2011

The Stamp Man challenge- distress it!

This fortnight's challenge over at The Stamp Man is Distress. I had a little something different in mind, mainly because I'd been to the Hobbycraft sale and picked up some lovely bits in the wedding section! This little paperweight was just 29p!!!


It's very clever cos the top and bottom bits are held together by little magnets- can you see the two silver coloured circles? Then you just slot your card in between the two layers. Very swish.

I distressed it by calling it names and making it cry, lol. No, really I dotted alcohol inks on the underside of the glass top layer to give it a vintage feel. The butterfly was stamped onto card and surrounded by flowers and looks like this outside of the paperweight....


Lots of stickles as usual!

When I first sandwiched the two layers together I realised that you couldn't see the butterfly very well, so I swished some of the alcohol inks off with the blending solution to give a clear central section.

All in all I'm really, really pleased with it. Not bad for 29p anyway!

For more information on the challenge click here!

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea and love the design you have used Lisa. That butterfly is gorgeous.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Take care. Luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea - just love it !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!