Friday, December 14, 2018

Crochet- Hattie's birthday blanket

You know that I haven't spent a huge amount of time at my desk recently (but that's going to change!), but that doesn't mean I haven't been crafting. I've discovered crochet. Late to the party, that's me... I started off with a couple of fairly plain stripy blankets, and received a request from my girl for her own. Of course I obliged.


I went for a variation on the Cosy Stripe Blanket from the fabulous Attic 24 blog.


It's a bit mind bending when you see it all together. The colours are very bright. It's such an easy patter pretty much all double crochet, but very cleverly it makes a lace like pattern.


I made it with heavy cotton yarn, and it took a few weeks. I was particularly pleased with the edge- it looks kinda like broderie anglaise I think.


Anyway, she loved it, and she's used it every day since her birthday- or I have, it's so heavy it feels lovely to snuggle under.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!