Sunday, July 14, 2019

Bunting

Ooh I've had some fun this weekend. You know when inspiration hits, and then, joy of joys, everything works out and it looks just how you'd imagined it in your fevered little mind? NO? Just me then!

I made bunting.



Lovingly displayed on Daisy the cow. Temporary home only until I decide where needs adorning with my masterpiece.


It has pics of my loved ones, kinda like a bunting family tree, including the cats (well a couple of them!)


I'm so happy with how it turned out.




OK so it started with these little triangles of chipboard with a weird laminated coating on one side. I've had them since forever, and they turned up again this weekend when I moved my desk space around (more on that in another post). They had 30p price labels on the back, but I'm pretty sure I ha them cheaper than that.

 Anyway...my new mantra is to use it or lose it (let's see how long that lasts). If I'm not going to use something, I have to get rid of it, either give it away or sell it. I'm hoarding way too much!


I covered them in pretty papers, I went for some pretty ones that caught my eye and some monochrome to contrast, then edged with a black ink pad to pull it all together. 


I cut out lots of the little frames from a Lollipop Box Club kit sheet, and then matched them up to photos- boy did that take some time! I cut out some scallops for the top of each triangle and matched the framed photos with bits and pieces- lots from Lollipop Box Club kits, and a few from my stash.

Here's some close ups.







I edged everything with black pen- when don't I? I should have shares in Uniball pens.



 The triangles are linked with pink twine- again that took a while to work out, but I got there. It hangs really well.




I even gave myself the fabulous cut out- it feels weird including myself- usually it's everyone else, but I read something recently about moms photos not being in the family albums, so I'm trying to get in there.

Whatcha think? Do you like my bunting take on scrapbooking my family?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!