Friday, April 22, 2011

The Stamp Man- Ir-RESIST-able!

Oops, sorry, well all the other resist puns have already been taken......

This fortnight at The Stamp Man, we want you to use resist techniques. There are lots of different resist techniques and tutorials out there, so be as inventive as you like!

Here's mine- I used an emboss resist version, and it's soooo easy and effective.


I started off with a background that had been sprayed with inks, then stamped on the elephant, sun and tree with a clear embossing pad and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. It's then just a case of stamping and inking over the embossed images. I try to define the edges of the images with a darker colour so that they stand out a bit. 

Wipe any excess ink off the embossed areas, and then it's up to you- either leave the embossed areas glossy or you can get rid of the embossing for a matt look- that's what I did here. To remove the embossing, simply cover your work with paper- I used basic copier paper, and iron gently over the top with a hot iron. Take it easy with the ironing and you'll see the embossing powder melting onto the paper, and turning it translucent.

I didn't want to give my finished piece away, I really love it, so I've used it to cover one of my art journals.

Over to you! Show us your resist!!!

I used:

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful piece Lisa, such gorgeous rich colours you've used - definitely one for keeping x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa this is gorgeous no surprise you want to keep it. You have used one of my favourite stamp sets, mine are un-inked but this is so inspiring and inviting. really excited by it, really love it! can you tell. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, this is gorgeous!
    I'm also into this type of backgrounds at the moment, so will enter it in the Stampman challenge soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! The colours are stunning and I love the elephant - a really inspiring piece xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!