Friday, April 1, 2011

Surprise!........and a portrait.

I've LOVED making this card!



The challenge at the Stampotique Designers blog is to make a Triptych card. The front of mine has my favourite Kitty stamp glaring out at you.


....and here's the surprise! Now, who wouldn't want a bunch of skull balloons on their birthday?

I used a technique or two from the Tim Holtz Grungy Monday challenge- for more info check out the L3 blog! I love this cobweb mask, the background was inked first and then sprayed with cosmic shimmer misters. I picked up a new colour at the NEC on Sunday, Twilight Black, and no, I didn't just buy it cos I'm obsessed with vampires......well, maybe a little bit.......OK, OK, it totally influenced my decision and I am totally obsessed!

I've had a busy week and it has been tiring, but today was a lovely day- it was the Mother's Day performance at Miss 5 year old Little Legs' school- very sweet- big lump in my throat- all of the children had painted their Mommies, and this is how my daughter sees me......


......actually it's not bad, right colours, features in mostly the right places.....I love it!


17 comments:

  1. Oh! Lisa, this is brilliant, I love the way you have used the skulls as balloons and I love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful triptych, but love love love the portrait, lol
    thanks for joining us at stampotique

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous tryptich, gorgeous intense colours and I love your skull balloons. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahah i love this!! the skull balloons is a great idea! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a funny and beautiful triptych, Lisa! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the inside of the triptych. Those skulls make fab balloons. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the cobweb & the balloons are just fab! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I LOVE the skull balloons, what a fabulous idea. Thanks for joining us at the SDC :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, this ROCKS!!! I love the Stampotique images and the way you incorporated them into the Grungy Monday challenge technique! The masking looks great, and the triptych design is really, really cool! I'm so glad you joined the challenge, and I hope you'll back back again next week. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your take on the challenge, the colours and stamping are stunning!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the skull balloons with the webbed background. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very kewl idea! Love the background colors and the techniques you've used here! Thanks so much for sharing it with us for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge!
    Cheers,
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your tryptic. The colors and style are very stricking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the balloon idea - really creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want skull balloons for my birthday
    please!!! Fab entry, thanks for joining in the fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!