Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A little bit over-excited. Such fantastic Stampotique news to tell you all!!!!

I've been bursting with my exciting news! I've been asked to be August's guest designer on the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog and Stampotique Designers Blog. Yippee!!!! Only my favourite challenge blog and my favourite stamp range in the whole wide world, ever!

Sooooo, that means this month I'm going to have some smashing Stampotique projects to show you.....starting with my favourite creation this year so far- maybe even ever! I wanted to start the month off with a splash, but I couldn't decide which stamp to use...... so I used them (nearly) all.......


This started off life as a thimble display cabinet, so it's not very big, but it was crying out to be the new home of lots of Stampotique critters. All made mini with shrink plastic.



This is what it looked like when I was halfway through the painting.




Lots of Crackle stuff on the sides....



All of the Stampotique images are on shrink plastic, coloured with normal coloured pencils.


I went through my salvaged bits box and added lots of chess pieces, and little charms.....


....a couple of Letter Ls, my lucky number 7, and some bling from some old costume jewellery.....


....an old earring, the pull from a zip, and a couple of old springs.


Hunk got added wings.

The Stampotique characters are hot glued on.



My little monster :) 



The top skeleton fish charm was from a steampunk set.

What do you think? I love it, and for once, I don't think I'm going to give it away.... it's a keeper.

I'm entering it into the HDH Macabre Monday challenge- Freaker's Free for all


21 comments:

  1. WOW! This is STUNNING! Welcome to the Team Lisa, hope you have a lovely time, looking forward to seeing more of your creations for Stampotique. Have fun! Gez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many, many, many congratulations - I can imagine how much this means to you! And that box is gorgeous, I'm very jealous and now I understand what all the shrink plastic was for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the team Lisa. This is an amazing piece of work and if I were you it would be staying with me too!

    I'm looking forward to seeing what else you create for Stampotique.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa-over the board AWESOME on this project!!! Love all the little compartments with your favorite things and the display of all your Stampotique creatures :-) So happy you are joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super duper piece, absolutely love it !! And of ...congrats ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you sure know how to start off your new DT gig with a bang! Congratulations to you on your guest spot at Stampotique. Very cool! Almost as spectacular as your newly revamped thimble case. Brilliant job!! I love all the tiny details and am inspired to create my own now.
    Thanks so much for joining us at HDH this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoWza - this is stunningly awesome - great using nearly all. I love it. Congrats on your GDT....how on earth are you going to top this ?!!! :-D Thank you for sharing with us at Haunted Design House x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, a truly amazing project Lisa!! Yes, it is definitely a keeper :)

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow and congats, that is superb.EE

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! This is absolutely stunning, just loving all your little stampotiques together, of course you have to keep it!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!!! I adore it! I don't blame you, I'd NEVER give this away. what a labor of love! I'm gonna have to try that shrinky stuff with stamps. I'm sort of a chicken. LOL Each one is cuter than the next. Congrats on your Guest DT spot and thanks for sharing with HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazingly cool! No wonder they asked you to guest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE shrink plastic and particularly love what you have done with the shrink plastic. This is one ACE project. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Lisa, your piece is awesome, am so loving it, definitely a keeper. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa, what a brilliant piece of work! All those splendid stamps and a very cool idea to showcase them ... just gorgeous.
    Best, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one freakin awesome display!!! Wow! You put so much work into it! I'm glad you're keeping it, but if you should change your mind, let me know and I'd happily give it a home! BTW, you should enter this into Smudgy Antics challenge this week where the theme was to use a minimum of 3 images. Here's the link if you're interested http://smudgyantics.blogspot.com/2012/07/weekly-challenge-triple-threat.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrat on the DT spot Lisa...... A stunning piece, love all the little shrink plastic monsters....FAB!
    Thanks for sharing with us at HDH this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your GDT gig and you have made a fantastic tribute to the fab images. The love you have for thm is obvious! Thank you for sharing with us at MM @ HDH

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely incredible, this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First off, I'm jealous of your Stampotique collection.
    Second, Congrats! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations.
    Third, Amazing! What a great project - definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whoa!!!! This is stunning!!!! I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!