Saturday, March 31, 2018

Christmas trifle!


This was a challenge and a half! To create a double page spread, something I'd never attempted before. Although as soon as the challenge was set at the MTS Cyber crop I knew which photos I'd use. I hadn't intended to take a series of photos of my family eating trifle at Christmas, but when I looked back, I had!



I used some muted toned Christmas papers that I've had squirrelled away for a while, and decided on red for the accent, to make it extra Christmassy. Plus sparkly gold letters, what else. I've really had a lot of use from this pack of Thickers, and I still have quite a few letters left. You'll notive the judicious use of a 3 as a letter E here...


The little felt stars and snowflakes were some I rediscovered a few weeks back, completely by accident- so I knew where they were when I wanted to use them!!! Then a few red gems for some final sparkle.

I think the key is getting papers, or whatever background you're using on a double page spread, to travel across the page, so that the  are cohesive. I'm pleased with it, it's a great way of getting multiple large-ish photos on a spread together.

Elements:

Papers: Crate Paper- Bundled up collection
Card: Red and white from my stash
Embellishments: Felt shapes, and red gems- Hobbycraft
Alphabet- Thickers- Together

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!