Sunday, April 1, 2018

Dude


Another cybercrop challenge to share today- to use doodling. Right up my street...
I love a spot of doodling, as regular readers will know, but as I'd recently completed a full page zentangled layout (here), I wanted something different for this one. 


I'd bought this Maggie Holmes paper a little while back, and it sparked an idea. I cut out the top and bottom scallops on a wide section of the paper, and trimmed the sides down slightly to get a black edge all round. 


Stripes first, nice and simple.


I usually try to alternate lighter and darker tangle designs, but with the black background this time it didn't need it. So I went for a few old favourites, which are nice to do. 



Oops, excuse the blurry thumb!


The photo was backed in black to pop it out slightly, and the black cap, sunglasses and t-shirt work so well with the monochrome colour scheme. I almost used a black and white photo, but it needed the slight colour from skin tones and the background.

I was intending to doodle in white around the whole page as a border, but once I'd squiggled down the left side, it seemed to balance the letters on the right, so I left it at that.


My nephew is giving it full on attitude in the photo, so the white letters with a spot more doodling spelling dude seemed appropriate!

Elements:

Paper: Crate Paper- Maggie Holmes- Carousel- Cotton candy
Card: Black from stash

Embellishments: Letters from stash
White Posca pen
Black Uni-pin pen 0.5 nib


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!