Monday, April 2, 2018

Happy birthday Mom


Well there's a lot going on in this layout. The challenge was to use mixed media, so I went on an inky stampy, tissue paper fuelled craft binge!


The photo is of Mom's birthday gingerbread house, we had such fun making it, and it went down a storm.


I cut a circle in the corner and punched some hearts to balance the page.


The mixed media page has lots of Distress Inks, splodged onto a craft mat, then spritzed with water. Then I dipped white card into the ink- it makes some gorgeous effects. If you try it, don't dip in more than one or twice, or the ink colours muddy. I tore up strips of tissue paper and glued them on randomly.


I overstamped with a script stamp in white, and a diamond and ink splat stamp in blue. The edge punch is from Martha Stewart, I've had it forever but I use it soooo much.

Elements:
Distress Inks
Cardstock from stash
Tissue paper
Memento ink pads
Martha Stewart punch
Alphabet from stash

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!