Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Love- traveller's notebook


I've made my first page in a traveller's notebook. Well, an insert for a TN anyway.  I wanted to try one, I'm an ATCer, so I've been used to working on a  much smaller scale than a 12x12 page. The smaller TN pages appealed to me.

Here's mine with a pencil for size comparison.


I started with an offcut of pink/purple paper, which already had a scalloped edge cut into it. I then backed my chosen photo (one of my all time faves) in white to give it an edge. I stamped some little clouds onto grey stripy paper, then turned the paper over to cut out some houses from the reverse to create a little village. The photo was taken on the town walls in Berwick, which has lots of really old houses, so it kinda fit.



Everything was edged in black to make it pop, and I added a little envelope for my journaling card, which I attached with washi when I was edging the whole page.




The whole thing has been inspired by Lisa from Lollipop Box Club, and her love of traveller's notebook pages. She has a fabulous style, and there are definitely elements of Lisa's pages in this one.


Elements:
Paper: Maggie Holmes- Flourish- Home sweet home
Crate Paper- Maggie Holmes- Carousel- Cotton candy
TN: Carpe Diem

Embellshments: Washi tape from Hobbycraft
Crate Paper- Here+There envelopes
Thickers word- Skyler
Black uni-pen 0.5
White Posca pen
Ink pad- Versafine Onyx black
Stamps from stash

Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!