Friday, April 20, 2018

Hey! Scrapbook process.


This layout was inspired by a number of lovely people on the Mind the Scrap Facebook group, who'd completed some layouts with this stamped and masked idea, mostly in black and white. I decided to go for it with added colour. I love to get inky!


I started off by cutting out a large circle (I drew round a plate) and I used a teen bit of tape to stick it in the centre of a white 12x12 page. I used Distress Inks and make up sponges initially.


I daubed on some ink fairly randomly, and then added some splodges with a piece of a bath sponge. I sponged through a couple of stencils- a hexagon and grid, and an alphabet one that's really just an offcut from diecutting.


Then I went on to stamping. I wanted an overlay of blue stamping, so I switched to an Impress ink pad in Cerulean blue.


The grid stamp is from Stampin' Up, and the chicken wire is an ancient clear one from my stash.


Here's the page with the background inking and stamping done. Now for some black ink!


I picked out some different stamps, a few Stampotique, some freebies from magazine, some games and music related. I use Versafine Onyx Black in for most of my stamping, it's great for fine detail, and its very black. It's a daft thing to say, but all black ink pads are not equal, some are really faded. 


I started by stamping some of the larger stamps, making sure I overlap onto the mask, and off the edges of the page.


And I just kept stamping, overlapping and adding images into the gaps.


Then the exciting bit, removing the mask! Oooh, the centre bit looks sooooo white and clean.


Then I added the photo backed in black, some butterflies and a journaling card, cut in half and again backed in black card.



I edged the whole page in black ink by swooshing the ink pad round the edges.






Love the word and the butterflies, they really set it all off.


Elements:

Ink pads: Distress Inks in Pickled raspberry, Mustard seed, Salty ocean, Mowed lawn, Peacock feathers
Impress ink- Cerulean blue

Embellishments: American Crafts- Vicki Boutin- Die cut frames
Maggie Holmes- Crate Paper- Standouts

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!